Tips for Jury Photos
by Linda Grimes, Laughing Girl Arts
For Jury Photos of Your Booth:
The way your booth looks when you are selling and the way it looks for a jury shot are two different things.
- Declutter, declutter, declutter! Make it look clean and neat.
- Control the environment: use high quality photographic lighting.
- Shoot both outdoor and indoor set-ups if you are applying for a variety of venues. Do not submit a shot of your street fair booth if you are applying for an indoor art show.
- Do not include people in the picture
- Use straight-on shots, not angled
- Consider a professional photographer